The Diplomat – Bucharest, the English
language business magazine in Romania organizes
on Tuesday September 30, 2014, starting 9:00 AM, at
Crowne Plaza Hotel, the “Energy consumption decline – threat or opportunity?” exclusive conference.
Representatives of the Romanian Ministry of Economy
and Energy Department and of the national energy
regulatory bodies will meet key players in both
electricity and gas business to share their views on
the actual economy paradox: lower electricity and gas
consumption in days of economic growth.
On this discussion the participants will search for
clues, will share ideas and try to turn on the light
over the interesting situation that energy business in
Romania is facing these days.
TOPICS TO DISCUSS
• Breaking the link between economic growth and energy and gas consumption.
Was it ever there from the beginning?
• The impact of energy consumption decline. How is this affecting the energy sector, the investors and the energy producers.
• The situation of the Romanian gas market and the actual regional context. The economics scenarios that will get us safe towards the spring: are we going to use our own resources or the external ones?
• The gas liberalisation agenda and how will be influnced the households and companies by the price.
• The regional market opening impact
• Legislative changes and their print on the energy consumption
8.30 – 9.00: Registration
09:00 – 09:10 Official Opening
09:10 – 10:40 Open discussions
Moderator: Martin Zmelik, CEO CEZ Group in Romania
• Elena Popescu, General Director of the Energy and Environment Direction within the Ministry of Energy
• Carmen Neagu, President CS, Transelectrica
• Marian Cernat, Director ANRE
• Lucian Palade, Consultant (see presentation)
• Ion Lungu, President AFEER
• Corneliu Bodea, Vicepresident Romanian Energy Center
10:40 – 10:50 Questions & Answers
10.50 – 11.10: Coffee break
11:10 – 12:40 Open discussions
Moderator: Valeriu Binig, Partner,Ernst& Young
• Virgil Musatescu, Professor, Doctor Engineer ,Technical University of Bucharest, Romania (see presentation)
• Eric Stab, CEO GDF SUEZ Energy Romania.
• Cristian Secosan, Member of the Board for Gas & Power, OMV Petrom (see presentation)
• Silvia Vlasceanu, Executive Director, ACUE
• Danut Nicolae, Public Affairs Director, McGuireWoods Romania
12:40 – 12:50 Questions & Answers
12:50 Networking lunch